Wednesday, January 14, 2009
A Classic
I decided while at a garage sale that I needed to start reading classics again. (I mostly decided to read the one at the garage sale because it was ten cents.) The book was "A Christmas Carol". I have never read it before. I finished it tonight. It was a very good book and I am glad I finally decided to read it. I started reading this book back in mid-December but had to put it on hold because while I was reading it I came across a problem. I picked up the book again yesterday and had the same problem, but not to the same extent. Here was my problem. :) Back in mid-December we took Cariña to "A Christmas Carol", the muppet version. I was pretty good, but when I started reading the book, a week after watching the movie, the characters I envisioned in my head where the muppets. Kermit the Frog was Scrooges assistant, Miss Piggy was his Bob's wife, and so on. The muppet characters were so vivid when I started reading the book that I had to quit. It was pretty funny though. I guess the next time I pick up a classic I am going to have to make sure I don't watch the muppet version first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Now you need to read Crime and Punishment or something like that and envision the Muppets. You totally made me laugh today, I needed it.
So what are you going to read next? Hey if you get bored this weekend I have every night off- sat through monday. Lets do dinner or something together!
I've never read the "Christmas Carol". Was it as good as the muppet movie?
That is so funny! I'm so glad you shared that! I had the same problem, except mine was with reading Treasure Island. I kept imagining all the muppet characters from Muppets treasure Island. I don't know which I liked better because they blended in together! ha ha
-Michelle
I love Muppet Christmas Carol! It's a family tradition at our house.
But of course the reason I love it is that it's such a great story; I just read the book a couple of years ago and fell in love with it. I don't know why, but I love stories about redemption. Maybe it makes me feel better about my own salvation...
Hmmm. I tried reading "A Christmas Carol" while I was in the hospital. I got to the part with Bob Marley and couldn't go any further. It was too dark for me. Ha ha! I'm such a wimp! Maybe next year I'll try it again when I'm not stuck in a big, sterile, inhospitable hospital room.
Post a Comment