Thursday, February 5, 2009

Pictures. . . finally!!!

Yippy!! Finally Eileen is not going to write a long depressing blog and will also put up pictures of her kids which are way more exciting than her writing. :) (Let's just be honest here!)



The first picture is of Helaman. It is just so adorable when they start learning to fold their arms at prayer time. He is now starting to try and say amen. He is not much of a talker. I take that back. He talks all the time trying to tell me stuff, but I just can't understand what he says, although, he is starting to say the same things.




This one of Cariña is of her ridiculious hair pieces. I don't know why she is so obsessed with them. She is actually obsessed with dresses, fancy shoes, make-up, and anything else that means princesses or beauty. I don't know how she got into all this stuff. I never once encouraged it. I decided along time ago that I would let my girls be who they wanted to be, but this girly thing really has been harder to deal with than I thought. I finally decided to make a calender for which days she could wear a dress. She wanted to wear them everyday, but it was too much for ME. I am pretty pathetic I know. At least the calender is working. She does mostly well with it and sometimes I even let her wear a dress on a day that is not scheduled.


This is one of Sam's best friend. He came up from Texas for his honeymoon. It felt weird for him to come up to Utah and take us out when it was his honeymoon, but hey who is going to turn down a free meal. Just kidding. I was going to pay when he came up to pay and I was arguing with him to pay, but I didn't have my wallet with me. Also just for the record he didn't come up to see us, it just so happened we were in the area of his chosen honeymoon. He came for the skiiing, snowmobiling, mountains, and temple square. I guess Utah is the perfect place if those are the things you want to do.


Here is swimming night in the bathtub. Cariña had the big idea and wouldn't leave me alone until she got to swim with Helaman. I just wish I could look as cute as she does wearing a swimming cap and goggles, and why can't all boy's suits look like Helaman's.







Here is Cariña's birthday. She turned 4. Where has the time gone. Her cake was a rasberry ice-cream cake with cookie dough crust. It has a doll on top. It was all I could do on that day. If you will notice the picture of her blowing out the candles she is so far away. She was afraid of the fire. I can't decide if I should think she is a chicken, or be grateful she obviously won't get burned. :)

6 comments:

Zsuzs said...

Eileen, I LOVE the pictures!!!!!!!! Your kids are sooooo cute! Carina is 4??? WHAT???? I'm totally enamored by her. Well both! The bathub picture rocks!!!

Sally said...

Did Carina actually stick her eyes in the water?

Heather said...

Great pics! It was good to see you the other day. We need to do that more often!

tiff said...

Oh! Happy Birthday to Carina! You have to admit, she is a beautiful little girl and is going to be a babe when she grows up. I'm sure Sam is going to have fun with the boys who chase her....

Shari said...

Yay! I love the pictures. Your children are so cute. I'll have to remember Swimming Night for my own children. I tried to swim in the bathtub once, but I got in trouble. Oh, well.

Rachel said...

Carina and Helaman are super cute! I am just wondering . . . but . . .didn't we have ridiculous hair pieces and styles as kids? :) Sometimes now my hair is pretty ridiculous. Thanks for the fun pictures.