
This picture is our family Christmas picture. We were able to take it only because the Aaronic priesthood came over for fast offerings. :) Anyway sorry we didn't get it out for Christmas. (It is pretty pathetic we can't even get it out on our blog for Christmas.!!!)
This is the grooms cake I made for Sam's sister who got married in Aug. The official date was 08/08/08, so that is what we made, an 8. What do you think? Do you think I could be a professional cake decorator. I told Sandra I could make the wedding cake, but she a
lready made plans. I think she didn't know how capable I was and was a little nervous to have me make it. (ps I think my wedding cake would have turned out better than this one. Just kidding. The girl who made the cake has her own business, and is one of Sam's good friends from high school, although mine would have been just as good for sure.) Just a side note, mine definitely tasted better. The funny story is this, when the girl saw my cake and tasted it she said, "if you lived by me, your good enough I could hire you to help me." My prideful side again came out and I thought, "whatever, I could hire you to help ME out!" I guess I need to take these comments as a compliment rather than competetiveness. :) OPPS. :) Anyway the cake was a chocolate cake with peanut butter filling, cream cheese frosting with the fudge dribbles. It was Delicious!!!!!!
These next couple of pictures are of the kids in their wedding outfits. Sam's sister Lorena got married in December. We made it to the wedding in Aug, but had no idea of the possibility of another wedding. Well there is no way that we could make it to this one, so what I did was have my mom make wedding outfits for the kids. Then I had Sam's parents, who are sign makers, blow it up and make the kids full size and make cut outs of them. To be
honest I don't know how they turned out because the newlywed hasn't contacted us since before the wedding.

This one is the kids on our coolest motorcycle. We need to teach them young, but I guess we will have to wait until they can reach the handle bars.
This is Helaman after a bath. I wrapped him in a towel, but he couldn't walk very well and he fell over. Since his arms were also tucked in his towel he couldn't catch himself. He ended up face planting into the carpet. Poor kid, but it was funny because when he stood up he had a sequin on the very end of his nose. What luck. I guess the moral of the story is don't wrap you children's arms in a towel.
This is Cariña batman. Helaman got a bat man house as a gift. It is pretty cool, but the shell of the house is made out of that stinky plastic. The only opening was a small window that was more towards the roof, and the door that was just a slit in the plastic. I was a little nervous letting the kids play in the house breathing all the fumes so I cut a couple of extra windows. One window was just a square that I strategically placed lower to the kid's face and the other one I had the big idea to cut out batman's face. It turned out pretty funny.
Cariña decided that she wanted to sleep on a suitcase. I have no idea why, but this is how I found her when I went to check on her. If you ask me she looks really uncomfortable. You can't tell but the picture but she had to tuck her legs to the side so they wouldn't fall off. I wonder where they get they get these ideas.
5 comments:
I like the Batman picture. Alma liked the pictures,too, and kept saying "Heh-man." Maybe Carina thought that if she slept on a suitcase it would be like Bedknobs and Broomsticks.
Oh wait! And your 8 cake looks really good! I would pay money for it. If I had any money to waste on cakes, that is.
Maybe I should hire you to do a wedding cake for the end of June. I know what kind of work you do, because I taught you. :)
Oh yeah, your 8 cake rocks. You should definitely go professional!!! I loved the pictures!
I'm not a big cake fan, but I must admit that your cake sounds really good. Helaman didn't look like he was very phased from his unfortunate face-plant. His smile is adorable!
Post a Comment