So tonight I quickly got my two children in bed so that I could veg on the couch and watch TV. I am completely addicted. I need cable off my TV. To be honest we are not suppose to have cable, but it is there. So I have become addicted. As children we didn't have cable, we didn't even get ABC, NBC, etc. On occasion we got PBS and got to watch Where in The World is Carmen San Diego, and Math Net but I mean not often. So tonight when I turned on the TV I couldn't get cable. It was gone. Embarrassingly enough when I found out I couldn't get my Friday night fix, my heart started racing. I know this is ridiculous, but what am I going to do without my reality TV.
Well good news, I figured out what was wrong and I have my cable back. It would be better for me not to have it, I know! Let's be honest here, How pathetic am I?
As I was thinking, (that is the only thing to do when there is no tv), I was contemplating whether I should order cable or not. I knew the answer but was seriously doubting myself. The truth is I would not pay money for cable, but to be completely honest I would have some pretty serious withdrawals for a couple of weeks. Wow, how many times can I say how pathetic I am!
ps Reality TV equals, (to me), What Not to Wear, Supper nanny, The Apprentice, HCG (the house channel), and The biggest loser. Not the other terrible ones.
5 comments:
Good job being honest enough to admit your addiction. I can't stand it when people say I don't watch much TV when you know perfectly well they do.
What not to wear???????????????? Since when do you care what not to wear??????????????? :-))))) TIGERSKIRT!!!!
What Not to Wear is great ! I'd also recommend Jon & Kate + Eight (although I think it's on on Mondays and the reruns are at 6 p.m. a lot of days). Tony cancelled cable, but then we got it hooked back up the next day :).
We were able to get the first season of Supernanny from Netflix. I like watching it because it makes me feel better as a Mom. I think, "At least my kids aren't THAT hard!" It also gives me some good parenting ideas.
You're not pathetic! I'm a total book worm and would love to say that I only read, but come on. Sometimes you just need to turn off the brain a little and relax. We go ninety miles and hour every day, and then wonder why we'd rather watch a funny show than read War and Peace.
I really try to limit our tv, but I'm grateful for it too. It's been a lifesaver sometimes. And I never watch dramas or anything. Always comedies, or funny reality. Laughter is my de-stressor. I used to love mysteries, but I can't stand being tense for a full episode after a long day at home.:)
Post a Comment