Wednesday, October 7, 2009

One of those moments!

The other day I had one of those moments where you question your decision about having children. Don't worry whenever these moments come they are always fleeting, and as soon as I see a smile I always remember why!

So here is the story.

I was at a craft store with a friend and I started smelling something terrible. The first thing I thought was it can't be Helaman because he just had an explosive diaper this morning. Luckily Sam was just hopping into the shower so it was a good excuse to have Sam change the diaper and put Helaman in the shower with him.

My next thought was man this store stinks, but this thought quickly left as I realized the quality of the store. Anyway I was really just hoping that it wouldn't be Helaman. But as he was sitting in the cart his jacket came up a little and his white onesie was soaked in brown, slimy liquid. Great just what I needed. So I ran out to the car grabbed a diaper (luckily I had one) and my huge bag of wipes.

When I headed in I grabbed a couple plastic bag from the store front. Mostly I just wanted to put Helaman in the bag. We headed off to the bathroom. I was lucky they had one. :) We walked in and there was one sink. I was trying to figure the best way to handle this situation, but truefully there was nothing to do but hose this kid down. So I took off the clothes and put them in the bag, but I HAD to rinse out the onesie, The rinsing would have gone much better if it wasn't a push sink that I had to keep pushing to keep the water on. :) So here is a kid walking about the bathroom with no clothes on, no socks or shoes, and poo all up his back. Lovely. :) I finally rinsed out all the clothes and had to start on the kid. I took off the diaper trying not to let anything drip and then put Helaman in the sink. It was a tiny sink so he sat in the sink toliet style. I was able to get him mostly clean when a lady entered the bathroom. Great now I have to hurry so this lady can wash her hands in a clean sink. She was obviously a grandma type and was very understanding of the messy, stinky bathroom. (I did apolgize!) I got him mostly washed off and was on my final rinse when I went to wipe his bum, but I noticed that it was really dirty. I pulled my hand away just in time for him to relieve his intestines once again. Please, is this really happening to me! So now I am trying to wash everything down the sink wipe Helaman, and clean the sink before the lady comes out. What a mess. I barely made it right when she walked out. I grabbed the can of lysol that was provided by the bathroom and did the spray for the lady.

I put Helaman in his coat, socks, and shoes and off we went. Hopefully we wouldn't be going to any more stores. :) Once I walked out my lovely daughter say, "Mom, I need to go to the bathroom." Urg, fine let's go. So she goes in and starts yaking. She is notorious for talking and putting off what NEEDS to be done. It drives me crazy! So she is standing my the stall door telling me something. I can't remember what because what I am thinking is Will you just go kid! :) Finally she gets into the stall and comes out and starts washing her hands. Her hands are covered in soap she tells me, "Mom I forgot to push out the poo." Really are you kidding me. Well go. But of course she can't because her hands are covered in soap. So we have to wash the soap and go again. So I wait and she is still yaking by the stall, again. Finally she goes and it was a good thing she did, because it was just like Helaman's. I am sure it was the 15 peaches they have each eaten the past couple of days. :) Finally we leave. My hands were so dry from washing them at least 15 times in those few minutes. :) As I left I had that question, why did I have kids.

Well it didn't take long before I realized why. I saw Helaman with his little manly strut walking out of the store with his jacket and shoes. He was so funny. Cariña was taking care of Helaman and how could I resist. They are just too cute, but I will tell you what, we sure have cut back on our peach intake for a couple of days.

6 comments:

Sharae said...

OH my GOSH!!!! I am laughing soooo hard!....not laughing at you... but your story telling had me rolling on the ground. That is the funniest story and one that I think almost EVERY mom has to go through atleast once. Oh...what us moms have to go through! I will be laughing for a while about this. I am glad that you wrote it down so that you can make sure you remind them of all that you did for them :)

Zsuzs said...

Eileen this whole story just made me miss you SOOOOO MUCH!!! We REALLY need to chat!!!! Do you have skype?? If not, can you just send me you cell number???? I really really miss you!!!!!

Shari said...

Oh, the joys of poo! I'm sure any mother who reads this will just smile and think of similar experiences that happened to them. We all have our own poo stories, I'm sure. In fact, I even have pictures to blackmail Kate with someday.

Jeff and Michelle and Aliyah said...

Oh man! What a day! Quite the horror experience! I'm glad you made it through it. I think it's hilarious about Carina that she is such a chatter. You have such cute kids!

Sandra said...

You are funny! We just had our first blow out yesterday. Matt was holding her :) I can't wait till she is on solids and we are in a store.

tiff said...

You are hilarious! I love that story! Keep it for the future when you need a good laugh. (It will get funny, eventually.)