Thursday, November 19, 2009

Halloween

I am not a big fan of Halloween. I have never been a fan. I quit trick-or-treating in 5th grade because I didn't like it. I don't like dressing up, I don't like knocking on doors, even if there is candy on the other side. Therefore my kids have suffered because I am the biggest halloweener. (do you get the joke :)) Last year Cariña went up to the doors all by herself, did I mention she was only three then, while Sam and I stood on the sidewalk and watched. Poor girl. So this year I decided that we would go hang out with cousins to help with the excitement of the holiday. It was well worth the drive to see my children have fun that I couldn't provide them with. :)

At first I didn't know what to do for Helaman's costume but then the idea came to me. He was a cave man. Any person that has heard Helaman grunt and has seen his stocky self, knows that this was meant to be. He was adorable, and I only wish that he didn't have to wear all the warm clothes underneath. Oh well.

Then there is Cariña. We all know what she wanted to be. Well I hate princesses, fairies, and anything girly and unoriginal. I have enough sense to know that I can't tell her not to be things that she likes, so this year we had an unknown compromise (unknown to her anyway). I was inspired at the fabric store when I found the sparkley pink leopard print that she could be a cave girl princess. At first the idea was rejected until her cousin wanted to be cave-girl princess twins. So in the picture is the cave people clan. Aren't they cute.





Here is the entire group. It was a fun group and the kids had a great time.


Here is the family pictutre. The kids sure are cuter than Sam and I. I don't know how we got such cute kids.

3 comments:

Jeff and Michelle and Aliyah said...

Very clever with the costumes! I love it - cave man and princess cave woman! They look so cute! Looks like they had fun with the cousins too.

Unknown said...

I love the hawkeye hat! GO HAWKS!

Heather said...

I too am a halloweener... I hated dressing up... still do... Your kids looked really cute -- you'd never know their mom isn't that into the holiday :).