Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Various

Here I am sitting at the computer when I should be getting dinner ready, but I am having a dilemma. I had an allergy treatment for sugar. So for 24 hours I can't touch, breath, or eat sugar. Hopefully after 24 hours I will be able to eat sugar without any allergic reaction. So I can't put away the honey sitting on my counter because it is a sugar. I can't put away the peanut butter because it has sugar in it. I can't wipe off the table because there are bread crumbs which have sugar in it. An old peanut butter sandwich is sitting on my table because I can't touch it. :) I am trying to figure what to cook for dinner but I can't search to much in the fridge because the various food has sugar in in. So here am I sitting here in defeat. Instead of trying, I just gave up trying to cook or do anything.

Some funny things that have been said by Cariña. She has become so sassy lately. It is pretty funny when not involved. On Sunday Cariña wasn't listening to Sam and Sam was getting frustrated and getting her in trouble. He said, "Cariña you need to always listen to me." She responded as she was stomping around avoiding eye contact, "You need to always listen to ME!" So he said, "Don't I always listen to YOU." She of course is still stopping around and said, "I WISH!" Since I wasn't involved it was really funny. I had to escape to a corner and turn around and not laugh out loud. Where does she get this sassiness from, I don't know. I guess from Sam and I.

Helaman is starting to repeat some things. Now he is clearly saying shoe, down (even when he wants up) and nana (banana). I thought I over heard him repeat no when Cariña told him no, but hasn't used it since. I am glad about that. He also finds the weirdest toys. Today he decided he wanted to play with my heavy (probably 5 lbs) 1970's hand blender. He is just waddling around the house lugging this thing around. Maybe I should get him some cars for Christmas. :)

Yesterday Felipe and Krystin were over yesterday helping with dinner. Yesterday was a terrible day for everyone, but I made it though only because Felipe and Krys were here. They also had an eventful night because while they were here cleaning the jalapeños for jalapeño poppers (yum!), while I was out shopping for dinner, Cariña decided not to listen to them and took a bite of the pepper. Poor girl started hurting. She took a HUGE drink of water. Then tried to go to the bathroom but threw up instead. She was crying for about 45 mins afterwards. Then Helaman fell off the chair. I am sure I will never be able to get Felipe and Krys to babysit for me again! :) Thanks Felipe and Krys I owe you big time!

7 comments:

Sally said...

what did you end up having for dinner?

garcias said...

really boring omlets. I couldn't have any cheese or milk products. Then to top it all off I forgot to put in the salt to the egg mixture. I was dying of starvation. Then this morning I didn't even try to cook anything. So I just finished my delicious lunch of refried beans, spanish rice, a tamale, and guacamole. I feel much better now!

KrysJo said...

Wow! This is brand new information! just kidding. Anyway we will always babysit for you (but the little squirts probably don't want us to!). Anyways sorry to leave my apples there I'll come get them tomorrow- I worked 11 straight hours today so I was a little exhausted. See you tomorrow!!!

tiff said...

Poor Carina! I can't believe the pepper made her throw up!

I hate the sugar treatment. Some of those first basic treatments feel a little like torture. Your first meal after ward is like heaven. :)

So, I just read Sally's and Felipe's blogs... Good job on the perm! And maybe don't ask such personal questions of your brother....
HAHA. :)

Rachel said...

Can you eat sugar now?

Julie said...

No sugar?? That would be hard. Anyway thanks for coming to visit. It was nice to see you and your cute kids. Sorry my house is so so crazy.

Jenny said...

Hey Eileen,
It's your old pal Jenny. I was excited to stumble upon your blog-now I don't have to wait for your "Christmas" cards to see what you guys are up to.
PS -Heather has a link to my blog if you want to check us out.