Monday, September 7, 2009

$7 improvements

Since our lives, (at this point anyway) tend to be more transient than most I have no desire to buy things if I have something already, (like a cheap white tablecloth to cover storage boxes). Also I am not willing to spend what few pennies we have for savings to buy stuff for the apt. It just isn't worth it to me. That is until the plastic tablecloth I had, and the cheap plastic shower curtain look like this. At this point I am willing to spend a few dollars to appear decent.

Does the cloth help? Well, since their is no holes it does look better, but that pile of cords is hopeless. (Our tv has no connections in the back. Oh well it was free, what am I going to do, complain) Savers was going to sell me this piece of cloth for $2. That is way to expensive for a small piece that really can't be used for much else, so I put this piece of cloth in a bag full of material for $4. I am not sure what I am going to do with the other material, but at least I got something else. :)

Below is yet another ripped project. Oh well, as you can see I was never able to get that pink moldy stain off, so the kids gave me a justifiable excuse to get a new shower curtain. On the way to the store we were telling Cariña that we were going to the store to buy a shower curtain because she and Helaman had ripped the other one. Then we asked if it was a good idea to rip something. Then she says, "Why do I feel like you are trying to get me in trouble!" Her guilty conscious was weighing down on her mind. :)


Here is our $5 (from Savers) non rippable cloth shower curtain. I thought $5 dollars is a little expensive for a used shower curtain, but I really liked it, it is still cheaper than the store, and hopefully the kids won't be able to rip this one.


So what do you think. Were the improvements worth $7. I don't know. I think it is a little expensive for second hand stuff, especially for material that is almost completely useless, but I guess anything is better than cheap ripped plastic.

5 comments:

Shari said...

Looks good! Way to go.

Sally said...

Hey, why are you always trying to get Carina in trouble!

Sandra said...

I think it looks good. I wouldn't have thought to get a shower curtain second hand. I might try that.

Rachel said...

I like the new look!

JS said...

Looks great. I am loving that you can wash your clothes and your body at the same time. :)