Not a chance!!!!! We had the weirdest thing happen last week. . .
Sam's mother sent us a forward of an email that she received from Sam. It said that he was in London without money and requested money to be forwarded. Of course it was a Spam. But then I started looking at the email address and it was Sam's email, everything. So I told Sam about it and he said that he found out the day before that his email address was stolen. Apparently Sam got an email from windows that said that they had too many empty accounts and were running out of room and needed to clean up the storage space. I actually read the email and thought it was real, too. So they said to sign in and and the account wouldn't be deleted. So Sam did it. He said it looked real. Then the next day he couldn't get into his account and everyone from his contact list got emails begging for money. It is kind of embarrassing. :) So don't send us money!, unless you really want to because you love us! JK :)
The worst part was our paypal account was linked to this account. So we went onto paypal to change everything and change the link, but I couldn't remember the password. I requested the password and they said okay you answered all the questions correctly we will now send your password to your email. (Which was the email that was stolen!!!) So in desperation I contacted the bank and closed my accounts! So now we have no cards, checks with no name, so basicly we can't go shopping until we get new cards from our new banks. What luck. Just add this adventure on to the list here in Utah. This place has been the refiner's fire for us, and I am tired!
5 comments:
I think that would have happened no matter where you were living. I'm glad you caught it before something bad happened. I logged on to my bank account the other day and someone in Florida had a TJmax card with my name and #. It's no fun!
I got the same e-mail from Sam. I think it's true and you are just trying to cover up.
How scary! That is crazy! I'm glad Sam is not stuck in London though! (That's a plus!) That happened to our Bishop out here. Everyone in the ward got an e-mail to send money because he was stuck out of country. What a scam and a pain!
That is crazy. I have never heard of that, but we did get a card number stolen... and mass amounts of money taken. But we got our money back and that nasty guys got taken care of.
Oh, no! I'm glad you caught it quickly. What a pain!
Post a Comment