Monday, November 2, 2009

halloween candy

I hate Halloween candy. Not just for the fact that it is terrible for my children, but I have no control over myself. So when they are over in their bedrooms playing, I am sneaking into their bags eating the candy. Why?
Do I love it? No, not really.

Does it taste good? No, not really. It is always too sweet.

Does it taste like wax? Usually, and if not wax, some other fake ingredient.

Does it make me feel good? Not at all. Physically I feel disgusting.

Do I feel good about myself? No, I feel like a failure because I really don't want to eat it, but I am.

Is it satisfying? No!!!! I only want more when I am done.

Is it worth it? Not a chance. I gain weight. It is full of hydrogenated fat, high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors and flavors, and other mystery ingredients that are usually chemicals that I am sure cause cancer. There just isn't anything good about it.

Why do I do it? I don't know, maybe because those stupid candy companies know that sugar is addicting and put more in it so that people like me can't control themselves even if it doesn't taste good.

Bottom Line

I HATE CANDY!!!!! (Why can't I be better?)

5 comments:

Zsuzs said...

Mmmmmm.Sugar.... :-)

Shari said...

I agree. Candy is evil.

Sandra said...

After you get over the candy hangover you should post pics of what you dressed up as for Halloween.

tiff said...

Candy...I'm not a huge fan of out-of-control eating of it (which I'm fairly adept at), but I have to admit, sometimes it DOES satisfy me. Really nice chocolate every once in a while.....it almost makes me tear up. I think God wanted us to have treats as a treat--you know, something special. But NOT as part of the daily diet! (Working on that one....)

Jeff and Michelle and Aliyah said...

ha ha! That's funny! Halloween candy is very addicting. (Especially since they make them bite size, so you keep popping them in without realizing how much you have actually eaten!)