Monday, August 22, 2011

Point of no return.

I am sitting here at my computer with tears in my eyes.  My little baby girl Cariña went to school for the first time.  We are in a new season of lunch boxes, schedules, and early mornings.  She went into first grade.  I kept her home last year because I was not ready to send my baby to whole day kindergarten.  So I kept her one more year.  Where has the time gone too.    It is already too quiet in the home without her.

The past week we have had talks.  Talks about not eating the lunches, not eating the breakfasts, and not telling certain family secrets. :)  We have looked for shoes and found none that we can agree on.  We bought some school supplies and she was heaven.  We decorated lunch sacks until we can find a reasonably priced lunch box.  We have had more lectures about strangers and not giving personal information.    We have had tears and frustrations over her uniform.  It has been fun for everyone until I had to say good-bye.

On the other hand, she is going to love school.  She is going to love having friends.  She will learn more without the fits.  She is in a bilingual school.  I know she will love school.    Good-luck Cariña!!!

5 comments:

Zsuzs said...

She looks like a little Eileen. Love it!!!

Aunt Kathy said...

Enjoy it Eileen! Life just gets more fun.
Paige started high school yesterday - yuck.

KrysJo said...

I love that you decorated lunch bags! We miss your amazing family. Let us know how it went! She is so super cute by the way :)

JS said...

I am dreading next year...

Rachel said...

First days are always hardest for the mom! She looks great!!