Sunday, February 19, 2012

Miracles

Before I start on my story, I feel I need to give a little explanation.  In my following story I don't mean to take light of the miracles in The Bible, I am just trying to put a little fun idea into some of the more mundanes chores of being a stay at home mother.  So here it goes.

You know that story in The Bible where Jesus feeds 4000 people with seven loaves of bread and a few little fishes.  I have often pondered on this miracle and have tried to figure out how it was possible.  The fact that there is no definitive answer is what makes this story a miracle.  But I have come up with an idea  to explain this miracle.

My idea is that as the bread being broken replaced it self, kind of like a star fish.  If a star fish loses it's arm it will grow back.  If in fact this is what happens, (which I am not claiming it is, it is just an idea) it is not taking away from the miracle at all.  The fact that it could happen is a miracle.

The reason why I am saying this is because I feel that I have this miracle happen in my house everyday, but in a different form.  I don't have a loaf of bread that replaces itself, but I do have never ending dirt on kitchen floor, (and in my house in general.)  I have been trying to figure out how I can sweep my kitchen floor and get a HUGE pile of dirt and mess, and sweep my floor again, (not ten minutes later, I am serious!) and get an even bigger pile of dirt.  The same thing goes for vacuuming my floors in the rest of the house.  I still can't believe how my floors can get so dirty.  We can do absolutely nothing and all the floors still get filthy.

At first I thought most houses must be like this, because of young children, but then I stayed at my sisters house with 5 children, 4 adults and her floors remained VERY clean the entire week.

So are we really dirty people, or is it  nothing less than a miracle.  I prefer to think of the second.

Please don't judge yourself if you are not as lucky to have this miracle happen in your house daily.  I am sure you are being blessed in other ways.  But as for me I am blessed to sweep my floor 3 to 4 times a day with the need to sweep it 8 times a day!

4 comments:

Sally said...

Maybe it will only be in the next life that you will find out why you were blessed with the miracle of dirt. I guess it could be worse. It could be the miracle of ear wax or something.

Kristie said...

That's funny. I can't identify with having 3 kids, but we do have a crazy-shedding dog and 3 kitties. I use the Swiffer vacuum daily in the kitchen and a high-powered Bissell on the carpets. No matter how often I Swiffer or vacuum, I always end up with a ton of stuff that comes up off the floor. My own gross little miracle. :-)

Shari said...

You're too funny. I love how you call it a "blessing".

I know I feel that way about the smears and smudges on our windows and mirrors (oh, and urine on and around the toilet). It doesn't matter how many times I clean them...

Unknown said...

Maybe if you don't sweep it will go away? That i what I do... isn't it ... if you don't do the "work" the blessings don't come?

sounds good to me.