Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The TRUE owner of the skirt (1 Kings 3:16-27)


 This skirt has been the bain of my existence for the past few months.  This is a cheap skirt that was given to Cariña several years ago.  She has loved this skirt ever since.  Well it is a 6x so I thought that is was time to pass along the skirt to a little sister, but Cariña has not been able to let go of this skirt. 
In the meantime Xenia has heard of the promises of getting this skirt.  So every time this skirt is visible to her eyes, she talks about "her" skirt.  There has been so much drama over this skirt, it is driving me crazy.


Then one day I had had it.  Both Xenia and Cariña were screaming and crying over this skirt.  I stormed into Cariña's bedroom determined to end the arguments once and for all.  So I took the skirt from the screaming girls and told them that I was sick of seeing tears and this skirt was going to be cut into rags.  Then I left.

Not thirty seconds later Cariña comes running out of the room, "Mom, please don't cut the skirt into rags, let Xenia have it!"  Then she turned around and leaves crying over the skirt. It was a pitiful sight..  

As soon as C. left I couldn't help but smile because this story reminded me so much of king Solomon judging the two mothers. So this is what I have come up with.

16 Then came there two girls that were sisters, unto the mother , and stood before her.

17 And the one girl said, O my mother, I  and this girl dwell in one room; and I was delivered of a skirt with her in the house.
18 And it came to pass the third day after I was delivered this skirt, that this woman found it also : and we were together there was no stranger with us in the house, save we two in the room.
19 And this girl's skirt disappeared in the night; because she misplaced it.
20 And she arose at midnight, and took my skirt from my side of the room, while thine brother slept, and laid it in her drawer, and left my drawer empty.
21 And when I rose in the morning to put on my skirt, behold, it was in her drawer, but when I had considered it in the morning, behold, there was no skirt, which I did have.
22 And the other girl said, Nay; but the skirt is mine, and not hers.  And this said, No; but the skirt is mine and not hers. This they spake before the mother.
23 Then said the mother, The one saith, This is my skirt: and the other saith, Nay; but thy skirt is too small, but the skirt fitith  me.
24 And the mother said, Bring me the scissors.  And they brought the scissors before the mother.
25 And the mother said Divide the skirt into rags.
26 Then spake the girl  whose the skirt was unto the mother, for her bowels yearned upon her skirt, and she said, O my mother, give her the skirt, and in no wise cut it. But the other didn't care and  left the room. 
27 Then the mother answered and said, Give her the skirt and in no wise cut it: she is the true owner thereof.


Update:  Then a couple of days later Xenia sees the skirt.  It was not rags yet and she says, "mom just let Cariña have to skirt so now we don't have to cut it into rags."

Honestly I don't understand this skirt. It is so loved that both girls are willing to give it up just so they don't have to see it in rags.  Oh funny girls.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Well, if you go by whose bowels yearn after the skirt more then it would probably have to go to Xenia since her poo-filled bowels are so much bigger so they must be able to yearn more.