Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Valley...Not really Happy Valley

So in light of our stolen trailer, I have not had happy feelings towards our geographical area. Ever since we have moved here things have not really worked out. I keep thinking that things should be working out, isn't Sam going to school?! Here is my list of things that have not worked out.

1. Sam found out he has credit problems here in Utah, but he can't look them up on the computer. So now he has to call and spend a lot of time figuring out what is going on.

2. The only apartment that we could get into is not my favorite. I am not expecting a castle for an apartment while we are going to school, but I just would like an extra small storage area for storing a few boxes, and a kitchen that has more than a small corner of a counter.

3. The ward is wonderful, but new, so it is impossible to make good friends, so I have no friends. The only thing that makes it okay is Felipe, Krys, Tiffany, and Aunt Sandra. But they all have their own lives so I rarely get to see them, and when I do I feel like I am begging for attention. :)

4. The trailer was stolen. I am still so upset about it.

5. Sam received a medical bill he had no idea about from over 5 years ago that has been occurring interest for the 5 years.

6. I never get to see Sam because he is so busy, and when he does have a moment I need to let him rest because he needs it more than I do, but because I have not had any breaks from my kids since September my temper is running on zero. Poor kids.

7. Then I was so excited to move back into an area where there is a temple so close. Sam and I finally received a chance to go, but our time was only an hour. We went because Provo is so efficient, and that is why the Provo temple is my favorite, and guess what... Sam got to do some work, but did I. No! It was too busy. I just had to sit in the waiting lounge until Sam finished.

8. And everything else that I can't think of at this moment.

8 comments:

Sally said...

If you have a lot of trials right now, it means you will get a lot of blessings later. I just don't know how much later!

Julie said...

STick it through....its never fun to go through school, but with kids its a lot harder. But you are on a good road.

Julie said...

By the way...I remember meeting you for the first time and finding out how you feel about Happy Valley....I am a little suprised to see you there. lol.

KrysJo said...

I am going to try to come over more often! I'm sorry things aren't working out but at least we have a chance to get to know each other and find amazing deals on apples together!!!

Shari said...

I'm sorry to hear about your trailer, and that you're having a rough time now. It's always hard to get used to a new place and I assume it could be that way even if you wanted to be there. It took me a long time to feel like Ithaca was home.

JS said...

Hey! I am sorry to hear about your not so good days right now...bummer. I was hoping you found your trailer.

Oh, btw, We are coming in February... can we see you guys?

tiff said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry about your trailer! And all of those other stinky things. This is one of those refining fires that perfect us.... Helpful, aren't I?

Also, I don't know why everybody calls this place Happy Valley. It's just as happy and unhappy as anywhere else in the world. It's frustrating when people judge me and bag on Utah because it isn't perfect. I'd heard it so much that when I moved to New York, I thought the church would be practically celestial out there. It wasn't. I think we should rename this place UTAH Valley....oh wait, we did.

p.s. I'm not attacking you, I just had to get that off my chest. Thanks!

Paige said...

I'm so sorry! That all sounds like it stinks!
But I have some good news! I am coming to Provo again! We are going to be there from Dec 17 till Jan 1 are you going to be there at all during that time? If so - LETS PLAY racquetball again! We'll have my family to watch the kids so it'll be perfect!
Hope to see you soon!
paige