On Sunday was another adventure. We went to church and had our first day not eating out.
It was our first time taking a bus. In the neighborhood we have everything we need, so we haven't needed to use the bus yet. But I am pretty sure that kids didn't want to walk to three miles to get to church so S figured out how to get there. It was pretty uneventful. We walked 4 blocks rode the bus for 20 minutes than walked about 4 more block. We were even early!
The people there were really friendly. We were the people from the United States. Zion was the one that talked the most about being worried because he wouldn't be able to understand. The kids never complained going to their classes knowing they couldn't understand. I did stay with Zion during primary but actually he did quite well. He even was trying to sing in Spanish.
Then we rode the bus home. I do have to say that those bus drivers are probably some of the most talented drivers ever!!!! I also have to say that if I always stand while riding the bus I will have some stronger abs. :)
Now that we know how to use the bus we are going to need to find some places around the city that we can go. Although it will take some studying from S. He has been doing amazing figuring out where we need to go and finding really cool places in our neighborhood.
I have made vegetables once since we have been here. On Sunday I was prepared to make a dish. I made fideo and egg sandwiches. C. saved the day and found salt. I do miss my knife, and pan to cook in. One ingredient that I really miss is my broth. Oh well. The first day not eating out wasn't so bad. We may need to try it again, although I don't know how much money it will save us.

No comments:
Post a Comment