Thursday, September 18, 2008

We're Back!!!

We're back to . . . Provo, the internet, work, never leaving the house, boredom, messy house, cloth diapers, and poverty.

This past summer was stressful, (as we technically had a roof over our heads, but were really considered homeless, and loaded and unloaded our trailer 6 times ALL BY OURSELVES! Can you tell I am trying to get a little bit of sympathy.) but yet was really nice. I was able to spend so much time with extended family, and my husband, who is somehow a stranger to me now. I know there are the lawyer wives, the doctor wives, the business wives, where there husbands are gone for weeks at a time, but this is new to me. In Taiwan Sam and I both worked so little and spent so much time together, then we lived in Oregon where he was unemployed for several months and when someone finally hired him it was part time. Then in Hermiston he was home by 4pm at the latest, so I have really been spoiled thus far. I am not taking the working full time and going to school full time well. :)

Actually this move is so much harder than I anticipated. Sam is gone so much and it is harder to find friends here than in the other places I have been to. The only things that save me from complete insanity our my brother Felipe and my new wonderful sister-in-law, who on special occasions when she is not working will come over and visit. In our house we are so starved for attention that myself, Cariña, and Helaman are fighting for Krys's attention. :) It is actually a pretty pathetic sight. :)

ps sorry for the lack of pictures. We are still working on our USB ports for downloading. I do have other cords that come with the camera, but with cords being Helaman's toy of choice I know I would loose them. :)

1 comment:

tiff said...

Playing the single mom is never fun. I'm glad I could see you twice this week, though! I'm hoping to come down to Provo next week, so maybe we can get together.